Story Definition of Done – Definition
Add a sub task as 6D’s (Not always all D’s applies to all stories then task owner can tell in scrum and move the story to closed)
- D Design – Design the architecture/flow before start coding
- D Develop – Do the actual coding for the given story
- D Document – confluence/ Java doc wherever needed
- D’o Review – 2 Peer review
- D Deploy – In test server/ test space
- D Demo – To team/ larger audience if needed
4D’s – Individuals should follow for better task management
- Do – Do the given task
- Delegate – If you are occupied delegate the task if someone can take
- Defer – If something cannot be done, Don’t accept it
- Delete – If it’s out of scope remove it
Points to consider before start of project:
- Any Firewall port needs to be opened
- Any SSL certificate needed
- Any external team involved if so prepare Q & A / Schedule meeting and get clarified
- Do we foresee any integration issues,
- Are we the 1’st team to do this integration? Then be more proactive
- Any system already integrated?
- What are the challenges they faced?
- Decide one way / two way SSL
- If 2 ways SSL our certificate has to be shared with the other team and make sure they installed in their firewall/gateway/proxy server.
- Use telnet/curl/other commands to ensure connectivity
- Do integration testing of system with minimal feature like hello world/hard coded response
- If you working on legacy application then be more careful with maven dependency version, don’t bring new dependency with latest version which may break existing code.